The description of each lecture, lecture notes and links to videos and relevant literature will be published here before the start of the school.
- Preliminaries (basics of quantum theory, open evolution, physical modelling of measurements)
- Resource theories of quantum thermodynamics, by Matteo Lostaglio: follows this paper
- Thermodynamics of quantum information processing, by Philippe Faist: handwritten notes
- The role of complexity in quantum thermodynamics, by Ralph Silva: lecture notes
- Thermodynamic costs with realistic resources, by Yelena Guryanova: follows this paper
- Axiomatic derivations of thermodynamics, by Renato Renner: follows Philipp Kammerlander’s PhD thesis
- Black hole thermodynamics, by Ladina Hausmann: lecture notes
- Thermodynamics of many-body systems, by Alvaro Alhambra: thermal states and equilibration
- Quantum information in quantum thermal engines, by Armin Tavakoli: lecture notes
- Quantum thermometry, by Martí Perarnau-Llobet: lecture notes
- Thermodynamics of superconducting qubits, by Patrick Potts: handwritten notes and recommended literature.
Note: not all lecturers will be able to provide typed lecture notes. We will upload here all available material.
Wednesday (black hole thermodynamics) – Problem sheet 3
Thursday (many-body systems) – Problem sheet 4